Blarney castle

Blarney castle
This is why I am so eloquent (LOL)

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thing 7

Google offers many useful tools and resources, today I explored Google Alerts, Google Calendar, Google Earth, Google Docs and Blogger.
I found Google Alerts to be a new and informative email function. I am using this to inform me of upcoming events and important learning resources. Google Alerts emails the user updates on specific topics.
Google Calendar is a technically advanced scheduling tool, which can be used for planning. These events can include upcoming things in the library such as book fairs, book character dress up day, bluebonnet voting and many other things.
Google Docs has been a competitor with Microsoft Office. I am finding Google Docs to be a simple and hassle free tool in the courses that I have taken at UHCL.

No comments:

Post a Comment